Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sewing Day at Marcia's Studio


Marcia asked me to bring a few of the pieces which I recently purchased in Guatemala. This is a machine embroidered huipil and a beauty. From Santiago Atitlan.
This is a handwoven piece which is then embroidered. its woven in two parts and then sewn together.
A similar pieces but with fewer animals.

This huipil was hand embroidered. A dying art in this village.

A machine embroidered huipil but so vibrant that I couldn't resist.

The orange fabric is a light weight treadle woven piece. The one above was a very soft feeling hand woven piece with rayon embroidery. And to the right was a weaving with fringe ends which would make a good jacket back.

Suki was trying to amuse herself now that she is cooped in so much because of the weather.

Exploring bags is always fun.

And then there's the suitcase I keep my featherweight sewing machine in.

And finally later in the afternoon she gave up and took a nap in her "tunnel".


I spent the day trying to finish up the seminole border for the GVQC raffle quilt. It is almost finished.

And Marcia worked on a quilt she started in a workshop a few weeks ago.

As well as a couple of other ones in progress.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathi said...

And I love your SUKI pics!

December 27, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home